Monday 17 February 2014

A day of LOVE!

We had a very 'low-key' Valentine's Day this year! It's surreal to think that this was our last Valentine's Day just the two of us, and next year we will be celebrating a day of LOVE with our little peanut. We can't wait!! 

We all know my LOVE for seasonal decorating, however not much got done this year for Valentine's Day, as I have been battling to stay healthy for the last month! Ssssigh...

The only portion of the house that got decorated this year was our mantle...Just a small touch of Valentine's Day to get us in the spirit! 

I found these Pillsbury 'Red Velvet' cookies at the grocery store and was very intrigued! Plus who doesn't love easy peasy cookies sometimes!! They turned out to be VERY delicious, and I am sad that I didn't buy another package before they were gone. 



Valentine's Day cards all set for my grade one kiddo's! Sadly I went the store bought route this year due to lack of time and energy. Bbbbbut I really don't think the kids cared all that much! Ha! 

In the spirit of Valentine's Day and everything PINK I wore my baby girl shirt that I got for Christmas! 

I managed to do a little bit more baking for Valentine's Day to surprise my cookie loving husband!

We decided not to exchange gifts this year, but my Damian still surprised me with some beautiful flowers! I am a VERY lucky lady!!

Valentine's Day was on a Friday this year which was awesome! I think celebrations should always be on a weekend in my opinion! Ha! We went for dinner at Red Ox Inn and had an amazing 6 course meal. We absolutely LOVE this restaurant and we hadn't been for a few years so it was a real treat! 

We forgot to take a picture at the restaurant...
so we took one when we got home!

The food was incredible as usual! A wine pairing was given with each course of the meal, so of course Damian enjoyed that! But obviously I couldn't partake in the wine...so they created a non alcoholic drink paired with each course for me! They were all so different and SO yummy!
 It was a wonderful meal with wonderful company!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day with the ones they LOVE! I feel very blessed to have so many people in my life that I love and who love me!!
Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment