Monday 21 September 2015

July 2015 - Summer Fun

Well...It's the end of September, and I am finally getting around to posting about our Summer. Yikes! Things have been a tad busy around here...and I haven't made the transition back to teaching as gracefully as I had hoped!!
 However, It's still important to me to have our wonderful summer documented...
 So I give you July 2015...in September! ha! 

Good morning Sunshine!


Sophia spent lots of time perfecting her golf swing this summer!

And I ate ALOT of ice cream!! ha ha!

Cone head in the tub!

Damian was working from home and Sophia insisted on helping him!

Still loving books!! Makes Mama proud!!

I had a dinner and pedicure date with my Mom! Its a wonderful summer tradition!

Sophia loves sitting on my parents deck, looking at the water! 


Sophia had her very first sleep over at my parents house! 
She was loving her new suitcase!

And while Sophia was having her sleep over...we were FREE!!! ha ha! 
We had a yummy dinner out...

Then headed to Starbucks, and then a movie! It was BLISS!! And long overdue!

And then the NEXT morning...Sophia broke her leg! 

Waiting in emergency for the x-ray results!

Getting her first cast put on in emergency.




After spending most of the day in the hospital, we finally got home for some much needed rest!


She did SOOO well adapting to life with a cast!!




And then on day 4...

They cut off her purple cast and gave her a MUCH smaller pink cast!! 
We were so thankful because her pink cast allowed her to still walk unassisted!

Damian couldn't leave work due to meetings, so my parents came with us to the Stollery to help with the cast removal and new cast procedure! So thankful!!

Aunty Bailey, Uncle Matt, and Charlotte sent over a special fruit arrangement for Sophia!

She thought it was VERY delicious!


I became addicted to this popcorn this summer! Sooo good!!

Mommy/daughter Ikea date is never compete without ice cream!!

Play time!

Aunty Rachelle brought over some beautiful flowers for Sophia!

We still managed to play outside quite a bit, even with the cast!

Checking out the Street Performers!
BEDHEAD!!

Brit and Cody brought me over some VERY delicious chocolate covered strawberries to congratulate me for getting the part time position I had been hoping for!

Sophia is a snacker just like her Momma!

Piggies!!

I brought out the crayons and paper for the first time!
 They were a hit! And she didn't try to eat the crayons at all!!


Damian made us a YUMMY summer dinner on the BBQ!

Uncle Cody signed Sophia's cast...ha! Typical! 

Snack time AND singing time!


Sophia was pretty impressed when she saw Uncle Steve on TV! 
Somebody was REALLY thrilled with getting their haircut again...

Thanks for the haircut Aunty Rachelle!

Signing Sophia's cast!

Then Aunty Wendy stopped by for a visit! 

Sophia has about 5 pairs of really cute sunglasses...but she only keeps them on for about 15 seconds!


I needed to get some work done in my classroom...So I put Bubble Guppies on my Smart board to keep Sophia entertained for a few minutes!
Playing with my planner and pens! A girl after my own heart!!
Fun with friends!

Cuddly girl!!

We celebrated our 3rd anniversary on July 17!! 

Such an amazing day!!
We didn't end up going out for our anniversary dinner so we just ordered in our favourite foods! 
Which happen to be VERY different!! lol
Damian's favourite...

And my favourite!

We celebrated Bailey's 30th Birthday with some girl time!!
More hanging out on the deck!


My Dad decided to sell his Mustang! 
Goodbye sweet red Mustang!!
Sophia needed to check it out one last time!

Time for a tea party!


I packed up the baby bottles!! Yahoo!! I so DO NOT miss washing bottles!!! 

And FINALLY, Sophia's last night with her cast!

Bagging the cast for the bath, for the last time! Yahoo!

Last cast bath!!

It was 'goodbye cast' day!!!


And its off!!
Somebody was VERY excited!!

No more fracture!

Playing at the mall!

Having a tea party with Daddy!
Helping with her laundry! Never too early to start ha ha 


Selfie with Mommy...except Sophia thought the TV was much more exciting! 

July was a GREAT month! It didn't go exactly how we had planned, with Sophia breaking her leg. But we still had lots of fun, and she adapted SO well!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment