Tuesday 13 August 2013

Cabin Life!

So we just got back from a WONDERFUL week in Radium with my family! My Dad wanted to do a family trip to celebrate his 60th birthday, so we rented a big beautiful cabin and celebrated for an entire week! 

And let me just tell ya...
This sign was above the door in our cabin, and it couldn't be more true! We had the best week just relaxing, going to the beach, cooking together, going for walks, playing games, and just spending time together!! 

This was our cabin. It was pretty awesome! 
That is, until the air conditioning stopped working...ha ha 

The weather was beautiful so we spent a lot of time at the lake! 
Damian and Cody playing Monopoly!
Soaking up the sun! 
Football time!

Playing cards!

Then all of a sudden we were having a head stand competition! Ha ha!!

I LOVE the mountains!! It was so nice to wake up to  our beautiful view every morning! We did lots of walking and 'hiking' while we were away! We needed to do some sort of 'exercise' to combat the chips and cookies we seemed to eat with EVERY meal! Ha! Ahhhh vacation food!!! 

After dinner walking time...




A few of us decided to go for a hike one morning after breakfast!

Cody was leading us...so of course we ended up climbing a giant hill! Ha! 


Ma and Pa on our morning walk!

Another evening walk...

Beautiful view!
Me and Damian
Ma and Pa!
The boys found the hockey arena! Ha!!

The deer wanted to play too! 

We also did ALOT of lounging and just hanging out together!! 
The boys blessed us with 'lovely' singing! Ha!
Just chilling!
Mmm we ate ALOT on this trip!!!
Playing cards on the deck!
Cheers!
And we made a few ICE CREAM stops! 

Brit, Mom, Kellen
One afternoon we decided to head to the Radium Hot Springs. 

It was a really hot day out, so it was nice to have the hot and cold pools to choose from! 
 Cody enjoyed the diving board! Ha! 



One of my Dad's requests for his birthday trip was that we ALL go golfing together! For those of you that don't know...I HATE golf...I LOVE mini golf...however to play a whole round of golf sounds like a straight up nightmare to me! BBBBUT...my Dad insisted that we all go play! And to be honest I had ALOT of fun! We played a SUPER easy Par 3 course and we had a blast! I think I did pretty well considering I hadn't actually played golf since I was 12 years old! We ALL laughed a TON so it was definitly worth it!!


Look!! We are going golfing!!!
Dad, Cody, Brit
Dad, Kellen, Me, Damian 
The whole family on hole #18!!


And that was our amazing Radium trip! 
We had a TON of fun, shared ALOT of laughs, and made LOTS of memories!!! 

We packed up all of our things and made our way home! 

And I'm already missing cabin life...

1 comment:

  1. Great time was had by all by the look of the pictures KP - thanks for sharing them with us. cheers JB ox

    ReplyDelete