Saturday 3 August 2013

New York - Day 7

Today was our last FULL day in New York! Hard to believe that the trip went bye so fast!!
We headed back to Central Park today so we could go to the Zoo! Its not a huge zoo, but it has some great animals, so i enjoyed it!

Heading into the zoo...

First up we walked through the bird area! There were a TON of different birds in this area and they were just free to roam around, which I thought was a little bit odd! I spent most of my time making sure I didn't get pooped on!! Ha! 

Next up we visited the Lemurs! They were SO cute! And very lazy! 

Checking out the snow monkeys!

I was SO excited to see a polar bear!! I spend a whole month on a polar bear unit with my lil grader one kiddos so I was excited to get LOTS of pictures! However the polar bear had a different plan that day...he decided to come out of his little covered den area for about 45 seconds! SO I only managed to get one pictures! And in my one and only picture it looks like the polar bear is eating my foot because of the reflection of the glass!! Ha ha!! Darn polar bear!!! 

Then we headed to visit the Penguins! 

And our last stop were the seals!

Beautiful Central Park!


Sitting on a park bench, enjoying the scenery!!

After leaving Central Park we headed to the MET ( Metropolitan Museum of Art). 

This art Museum was GIGANTIC!! Like I had said in an earlier post, we are not huge into art galleries and museums and such, but we wanted to at least check it out for a little bit! 




They had a TON of really neat pieces from all over the world and from many different time periods. 

Paintings!

I liked looking at the more modern pieces the best!

After the MET we did some more shopping and walking around in the Upper East Side/Madison Avenue!

Damian really wanted to go into the Ralph Lauren Mens store. The actual building that the store is in is called the Reinhold Mansion and it is a New York Monument! It was a BEAUTIFUL store and 5 floors! Our sales guy that was helping us actually ended up giving us a tour of the whole building and telling us lots about the store and Ralph Lauren himself! It was pretty cool! 


Then we ended up back on Times Square to head towards our hotel...


After doing a little bit of organizing and packing back in the hotel, we got cleaned up and set out for our last night in NYC! 
We ended up taking the subway to the Upper West Side and having dinner at a place call PJ Clarkes. It was an oyster bar and lounge.

CHEERS TO OUR LAST NIGHT! 
And an AMAZING trip!!

The food was awesome!! Damian went crazy with lots of oysters and seafood and I had chicken pot pie! Yummm!


After dinner is was POURING rain!! It was the ONLY rain we had the entire trip!! 
So we popped into a nearby drug store and bought 2 umbrellas so we could still do some walking around on our last night! 

We walked to Lincoln Centre to check the fountain out. You can see me spotting my lovely hot pink umbrella! 


Then we found the New York City Ballet buildings! 

Me practicing my ballet moves!
Its been about 6 years since I did any kind of dancing ha ha and I'd probably go into cardiac arrest if I tried to dance like I used to be able to!!! 


After checking out the New York City Ballet we continued to explore the Upper West Side for a little while, but the rain was REALLY bad! So we walked back to the hotel and started to sort through our things and prepare to leave the next day! How sad!! 
But it was still a GREAT last night in NYC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment