Wednesday 14 August 2013

Sixty is Sweet!!

On August 10th my Dad turned 60!! 
Look at him!! 
He looks pretty darn AMAZING for 60 if you ask me...

My Dad didn't want to have a big party for his special birthday this year... his request was that we all spend a week together! And that we did! But we still wanted to make him feel extra special on his actual birthday, so we threw him a little BBQ themed birthday party! Why a BBQ themed party you ask?!? 

Well just in case you didn't know...
my dad is the...
That's right! He is the GREAT BBQER! 
The man is the KING of the BBQ! Even his license plate says so! Ha!! 

The boys took Dad golfing during the day, and us ladies stayed home and decorated the cabin! 

 I wanted to do something special for my Dad's 60th, so I made a bunch of cards using old pictures of me and the boys celebrating Dad's birthdays through the years. Then we each wrote little messages to him in each of the cards. He really liked them!! And the pictures brought back lots of memories...and reminders of our AWFUL sense of style back in the day!! Ha!!


 Dad looking at his cards...


Sticking with the 'theme' of our party we had homemade burgers 
and yam fries for dinner! They were delish!!

And for dessert I made these! They were a real hit!! And super easy to make! 

 Sixty candles seemed like too many...So we went with these!! 

YUM! 
Mom and Dad!

Everyone enjoying their 'hamburger' cupcakes!

 It's hard to believe how fast time goes..

HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

I wish you nothing but the VERY BEST in your sixtieth year!!
It was SO much fun to celebrate this special day with you! I feel so lucky to call you my Dad!! 
We love you!!!

Love, Kels
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. K Kelsey now these are sooooo good - the pictures that it. I really mad we weren't there lol....he's such a goof! Can't help but laugh at some of those pics! Priceless! thanks for sharing...may his 61st year be as much fun as the partying you all did in the Kootneys! Love Jeanie B....oxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete