Thursday 24 July 2014

The Nursery!

I've been meaning to blog about Sophia's nursery for MONTHS! And i just never got around to it!! I LOVE her nursery and am so pleased with how it turned out! When we found out that we were having a girl I knew right away that I DID NOT want a PINK girly nursery for our daughter!! Perhaps someday she will want a pink girly bedroom, but until then Mama got to pick and that is not what my vision was! I wanted the room to be clean, simple and calming. So instead of picking a 'theme' for the room, I chose a 'color scheme' and went with white, grey and yellow. Those colours are very 'in' right now, so I didn't have too much trouble finding items to accessorize the room with. 

Welcome to Sophia's nursery...

This is the view from the door.
 The main focal wall is grey and white stripes, and the rest of the walls are solid grey. 
I spy a baby in that crib!

We lucked out and found a dresser that doubled as a change table! There is a serious lack of wall space in this bedroom so I knew we didn't have room for a separate change table and dresser. This works perfect!







I made this fabric 'garland' after seeing something similar on pinterest! Sophia loves looking at it and it serves as a great distraction during diaper changes. That is until she is strong enough to try to rip it off the wall...Ha!




The chair was our biggest 'splurge' in the nursery and my goodness am I glad it was!! I have spent ALOT of time sleeping and feeding in that chair and it is EXTREMELY comfortable! Plus, when we no longer need it in our nursery it will make a great addition to our bonus room furniture! 



Ottoman and basket FULL of swaddle blankets! 
Its shocking how many of these I go through in just a single day!

Because I went with a very specific colour scheme, I knew I wasn't going to be able to find a mobile that would match the room. So I decided to make my own! It was a fairly easy project and only took me about 2 hours to make! And I LOVE how it turned out!!




On the 'closet wall' I decided to paint some trees with three small yellow birds. This took me FOREVER and a few times I wondered why on earth I thought this was a good idea!? However...I am glad I finished it and really like how they turned out!



The last wall in the nursery is quite small as it has the door to the hallway, as well as the door to her en suite bathroom. I decided to just put a small bookshelf in this space to store her books, toys, and shoes. The chevron bin is her laundry basket! 



On her bookshelf she has an apothecary jar FULL of all her bows and headbands, as well as a teacup to hold her hair clips and barrettes!



I painted that piggy bank for her before she was born! 


And that is Sophia's nursery! Like I said before, I LOVE how it turned out!
 And I think Sophia is pretty fond of it as well! Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment