Thursday 23 October 2014

A very GOLDEN Birthday!


Birthdays have always been a BIG deal in my family! It's always been a great excuse to get together with family and friends and celebrate the special birthday person. Growing up our birthdays were always celebrated for almost a full week!! We always had a 'family' birthday party, a 'friends' birthday party, and then a special celebration on the actual day of our birthday. It wasn't always  super extravagant, but it was ALWAYS special and something the boys and I looked forward to every year!! 

Then came the concept of 'The Golden Birthday'! Some people are familiar with this and others have no clue what I am talking about when I refer to it! Ha! For those who aren't in the Golden Birthday loop, your Golden Birthday is when you turn the age of the day of your birthday! So my Golden birthday was when I was 12! And I actually remember it!! It wasn't anything over the top, but I do remember my parents telling me it was a my golden birthday! And I remember receiving my very first CD ghetto blaster as my gift. And to make it even more special they wrapped it in paper that had pictures of me growing up all over it! And just in case you didn't think I was crazy enough...you will be glad to know that I still have that wrapping paper!! 17 years later...ha ha...I simply just can't get rid of anything that has 'memories'!! 

Sooooo....you can imagine how excited I was when we figured out that this year we would be celebrating TWO golden birthdays!! Brit was turning 24 on September 24th, and Damian will be turning 29 on November 29th! So naturally I just HAD to start planning Golden Birthdays for both of them!! 

We had Brit's Golden Birthday back in September!
 It was a great night with family and friends! Unfortunately the only person missing was Cody, as he was already back in Florida! I had a great time collecting everything 'golden' for the party!! 


The birthday table! 



My Mom, Dana, BRIT, Shelly (Brit's Mom), Brandi (Brit's Sister)

Dinner time! Looking back at these pictures I'm not sure how the birthday
 girl ended up eating dinner on the floor?! Ha!! Poor Brit!!

Cupcake time!! Brit is NOT a dessert person, so I made a
 simple Oreo cupcake that seemed to work!

Brit and her wonderful family!

Brit and our family! (Cody was there in spirit!!) 
Sophia was eyeing up Brit's cupcake!! 

Present time!!

Posing with our sweet golden hats and signs!!

Party favors for the guests! Carmel corn for the guys!

And gold glitter nail polish for the girls!

It was a wonderful night celebrating a VERY special lady!!
Happy Golden Birthday Brit!!
xoxo
Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment