Monday 20 October 2014

Apple Zucchini Spice Cake!

When I think of Fall I think of apples! I enjoy cooking with apples year round, but nothing welcomes the cool Fall season like delicious apple treats. Last year I made Apple Spice Cupcakes, and they were a real hit with everyone who tried them! This year I knew I wanted to make them again, but this time I added in some zucchini for some added taste. And they made the cake even more moist!! SO yummy!! 

For my original Apple Spice Cupcakes click HERE

This time I decided to make a cake instead of cupcakes, but the recipe works either way!

Apple Zucchini Spice Cake
What you need:
1 'Spice' boxed cake mix
3 eggs
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup oil
2 packages dry vanilla pudding
2 cups chopped apples
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini

Preheat oven to 350'
Prepare cake mix according to the box directions.
Add dry pudding mix.
Chop apples and add into cake mixture.
Grate zucchini and add to cake mixture.
Combine well! 
Pour into greased baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.
Let the cake cool, and then ice if you wish!
ENJOY!


Cinnamon Icing 
Combine 1 tbsp ground cinnamon with one container cream cheese icing.
Mix well! 





No comments:

Post a Comment