Monday 27 October 2014

Halloween hand print crafts!

It's Halloween week! And to celebrate in the 'Kirchner House' we did some fun Halloween crafts! I LOVE all things crafty so I have been pppppatiently waiting for Sophia to be the age where we could start doing some fun crafty activities. And I know its just going to get better and MESSIER as she gets older! I headed to my beloved Pinterest for some craft inspiration and came up with these cute hand print canvases. I love how they turned out!! They are not only great Halloween decorations, but a wonderful keepsake of Sophia's teeny tiny hands and feet!


I picked up 2 canvas/easel sets from the dollar store! 
They were only $2 each! SCORE!


I used tempra paint and painted one all black and one all orange!

When they were dry I used a chalkboard marker to draw on the spider web and do the writing.
 If you don't have a chalkboard marker, you could totally use a white sharpie or paint pen! 

Next came the FUN part!! Ha!!
I made sure I had everything all ready and laid out before I got Sophia involved!
**Tip: HAVE LOTS OF BABY WIPES NEAR BY!!**

First we did her white 'ghost' footprint! It was easy peasy and she just starred at me while I put the cold paint on her foot! 


The black 'spider' hand prints were a little more tricky as she wanted to curl her hand up into a ball the entire time! Ha! But we managed to get decent hand prints onto the spider web!

The finished products! I LOVE them!!

Sorry this is sideways...I tried over and over to flip it and it just wouldn't work!! 


And a little 'bonus' picture of my Halloween cutie...


Happy Halloween!!
Now go make some FUN Halloween crafts with your little's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment