Saturday 22 November 2014

A Poppin' Popcorn Party!


Last weekend we celebrated my Mom's birthday! My Dad hosted the dinner at their house, however I was in charge of the decorating! Which was fine by me, as that's my MOST favourite part!! And because I am a firm believer that a party needs some kind of theme, I began to brainstorm what a good theme for my Mom's birthday party would be. And I came up with POPCORN!! Now this may seem a little bit random, but there are two things that my Mom loves only SLIGHTLY less then US and COOPER...And that would be 1. Black Licorice and 2. POPCORN! (this is where I get my LOVE for popcorn as well!!)

So I took my Poppin' Popcorn theme and ran with it...







We played a little 'Guess the popcorn flavour' game which was a hit! I went to Kernels earlier in the day and bought five different flavours for everyone to sample and make a guess! Some of the guesses were fairly creative!! Ha! 

After dinner my Mom and Sophia had some playtime!
 My Mom bought this black and white book for Sophia to play with at their house and she LOVES it!


Sophia loves her some Grandma snuggles!!

But then she got a little too warm and ended up in just her undershirt and tights! Ha!

My Mom requested a butter pecan birthday cake, so that is exactly what I made for her! 

The birthday girl!!

Mom, Me, and Sophia!
Sophia was more concerned with figuring out how to eat the cake...

So instead she just stuck her entire hand into the icing! 
And then licked icing off my my hands! Crazy girl!!

Present time!! 


It was a wonderful evening celebrating my Mom's special day!!
 She LOVED her popcorn theme so I was thrilled! 

Happy Birthday Ma!! 
We hope you have the most wonderful year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment