Monday 15 June 2015

Sophia's 1st Birthday & Mother's Day 2015

*Well this blog post has only taken me a month to write and post....better late than never!!*

On May 10, 2014 I gave birth to our beautiful baby girl, Sophia Jo Kirchner. And here we are one year later celebrating her FIRST Birthday and Mother's Day! Mother's Day really brought a new meaning to the day for me, when all of a sudden I became a Mom myself and got to partake in this special day! She was the greatest Mother's Day gift EVER!!

We woke up bright and early on May 10th to start the celebrating all over again!

Damian made Sophia a special birthday pancake and made me a lovely Mother's Day breakfast!

Sophia wasn't too sure about the cool whip and sprinkles...


But eventually she dove right in and enjoyed her special birthday breakfast!


We had a fairly relaxing morning, and then began our 'rounds' to visit and drop of gifts for the special Moms and Grandma's in our life!

First stop! Grandma/Grammy (my Dad's Mom)

Then we went to the care centre to visit the other Grandma/ Great Grandma (my Mom's Mom)

My Grandma rarely speaks anymore, but she loved smiling and looking at Sophia! 
Hard to believe she is going to be 99 YEARS OLD in a few months!

Four generations!

After all of our Mother's Day visiting we went for a family walk 
and then for lunch on the patio at Cafe Haven.

Me and my girl!

My delicious cinnamon bun!!

And my special necklace that Damian and Sophia gave me for Mother's Day!


Me and the birthday girl getting ready for dinner! 

Damian and the birthday girl!

Damian's parents ordered a special cake for our Birthday/Mother's Day dinner!

Celebrating with Uncle Kellen!


Cake time!


After eating cake and ice cream she was slightly wired...
and getting a nice picture was not very easy! ha!

Sophia with Grandma and Grandpa Kunyk!


Sophia with Papa and Pama Kirchner!

Our little family!

Trying out her new birthday gift!


MORE gifts!! She is one LUCKY girl!


Testing out her new chair!


And just like that all of the celebrating and partying was over and our little girl was ONE! We had the BEST weekend celebrating her, and the fact that it was also Mother's Day was just the icing on the cake!

What a difference ONE year can make...

No comments:

Post a Comment