Thursday 4 June 2015

Sophia's 'You Are My Sunshine' Party!


I LOVE a good party. And I find the 'planning' part to be almost as fun as the party itself. SO you can imagine how PUMPED I was when it was time to put Sophia's First Birthday party planning into motion! As I began to start planning I realized that having a 'small get together' for her party was nearly IMPOSSIBLE! It was important to us to have all of our family there, as well as our amazing friends who are all an important part of Sophia's life. She really is lucky to have so many people who love her!! 

I really struggled with finding a theme for Sophia's party...but in the end I LOVED what we chose!! Her theme was 'You are my Sunshine', which I thought was very fitting as she has the lyrics to that song displayed above her crib in her bedroom, AND that is what I sing to her when I rock her before bed each night. I went with yellow and hot pink decorations, with a blast of 'sunshine' and '1' all over the place. I was very happy with the result and I think Sophia approved as well! Ha! 

After a few weeks of planning and lots of excitement you can imagine how I felt when I woke up 4 days before the party TO THIS:
Holy panic attack...
Thankfully, by Saturday morning the snow was all GONE and the weather was BEAUTIFUL for a backyard birthday party!

Since Sophia's actually birthday was on a Sunday, which was also Mother's Day, we had her party on the Saturday, May 9!

I was up early running errands for the party! 8:30am balloon pick up! 

Sophia's special outfit all laid out for her! 
I made her special onsie and hat.
And the outfit wouldn't be complete without a tutu of course!

We decided to have the party at my parents house as they have WAY more space than we do, which we would need since we were expecting about 50 people! Plus they have a BEAUTIFUL backyard and lake view so it created a great backdrop for the party.

The cake and cupcake table!


Highchair all ready for the birthday girl!

One end of the food table.

The food table...before most of the food was there! 


Bubble favours for the kiddos! And teethers for the babies!

I ordered a personalized book for Sophia and had all of the guests sign it with a little birthday message for her. It will be a great keepsake from her first birthday party!

Since we were having a hot dog roast at the party I figured we needed to have s'mores too!

The Birthday girl all ready to go! 
She was pretty confused about all the 'hype'! ha ha! 

G and H having their lunch!

Sophia enjoying some hot dog and fruit! 
Still wondering why all of these people are here...


Silly girl!

Sophia's bff Harper! And Carlene and Henry!

I did a terrible job with getting pictures of everyone with Sophia...
so I have random pictures of people instead! ha! 


Roasting hot dogs!




Wonderful family!

Damian and his besties! ha!
Don't they look like they could be a band?! lol

Grandma and Pama

Maryn and Sophia playing in the last bit of snow!

Ready for CAKE!


Mmmm icing!!





Love our little family!
HOW IS SHE ONE?!

Getting icing all over Uncle Steve and Aunty Jo!

Presents!!


Unwrapping gifts is HARD work!


Attempting to get a nice picture with Aunty Bailey and Charlotte...

WAS NOT EASY!!! lol 

And just like that, the party came and went. It was the perfect day, and the perfect way to celebrate Sophia's first birthday!! We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives and that they came out to celebrate our little girl with us!! 
Here's to another AWESOME year watching Sophia grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment