Monday 8 April 2013

Bedroom Makeover!

We have lived in our house for a year and a half already and we are still working at making changes to make it feel more like 'home'. It was definitely love at first sight when we found this house, so there isn't a ton we plan to change! Just a few things over time. Our latest project has been our master bedroom. We have a gigantic bedroom. I LOVE having so much space, especially our big en suite! However there was something that I rrreally did not love about our bedroom when we moved in!! The color!! The people who lived in this house before us cccclearly had an obsession with forest green paint. Because it was everywhere...ick! I realise that many people love forest green, however I am NOT one of those people. Especially in a bedroom. It made our room so dark and gloomy so it.had.to.go! 

Here are some BEFORE pictures of our bedroom:
Just not feeling the green...



I had a vision for our bedroom but I struggled with finding a color I liked, and then matching it to our bedding. I didn't want to make major changes to our room, just some new paint, and a few new accents here and there. My hubby was in charge of painting! He let me do a little bit of rolling, but he is a WAY better painter than me and I am so grateful he agreed to do it!!! Perhaps painting is a time when it isn't so wonderful having a gigantic bedroom...ha ha

GOODBYE UGLY GREEN!!!
Doesn't he look excited to
be painting...ha ha 
Here are the picture of our 'new' bedroom! I really love it! It has brightened up the room SO much!! 

New color! And new lamp shades! 
You might notice in this next picture that our bathroom is still ugly green...that's a project for another day! I'm still trying to find a color scheme I like...

Four new mirrors and decorations!
LOVE our new BIG mirror!!! 
New shelves!
The only major thing I have left to finish in our bedroom is some sort of decorative window treatments. And I'm totally at a loss... I really don't know what to do with all of those darn windows!! They are all so close together so I can't put up curtain rods, and I don't want anything 'old' looking like a drapery...I've been searching on Pinterest for some inspiration but haven't been successful yet! Hopefully soon!! 
Time to 'pretty' up those windows!! 

And this was a little side project I completed to solve my 'jewellery organization' problem...


 Damian passed by the dresser one day and said 'WOW babe, it looks like you have been robbed!' hahaha
No wonder I could never find anything!! 

So I went and bought a black picture frame ($2) and some silver wire ($3) and made myself an earring holder! I also purchased a glass dessert cup ($2) for my bracelets. My necklace tree is still working well, and I have a special Kate Spade box that my Maid of Honor gave me, for my stud earrings and rings! Things are looking MUCH more organized in my little jewellery corner now...and my husband no longer thinks I have been robbed ha! 


That was our bedroom makeover! I will be back to share more home projects, and the elimination of ALL forest green in our home in the near future!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment