Sunday 28 April 2013

Family Dinner Dessert!

Family dinners are a BIG deal in my family! For as long as I can remember we have been having 'Family Dinner' on Sundays. When I was younger most of our Sunday dinners were at my Grandma's house (My Mom's Mom) and it was something we all looked forward to! Usually dinner was some kind of HUGE Ukrainian feast, followed by something fabulous that my Grandma baked or created for dessert. She was an amazing cook!!! 

Sunday family dinners have changed a bit over the years...Now we have dinner at my parents house, and they are the ones creating the delicious feasts for us! And I am the one in charge of dessert! Sunday dinner is still something we all look forward to...probably even more now, because it is the only time during the week we usually all see each other!! Sad...but true!! Life is just SO busy these days!! 

Soooo... I have decided that every Sunday I am going to blog about MY dessert creation for that weeks family dinner. I LOVE finding new dessert recipes and ideas, and want to share them with YOU! 

So here we go! My first 'Family Dinner Dessert' post! 

Pineapple Delight 
What you need:
2 cups graham crackers crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/2 butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla 
1 can (14 oz) crushed pineapple
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tub Cool Whip 

Preheat oven to 325'F.
In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
Press the mixture into a 8 x 8 baking pan.
Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely. 
In a separate bowl, mix together the icing sugar, butter, egg and vanilla.
Beat with an electric mixer. 
Spread the mixture over the crust and bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely. 
In another bowl, mix the cool whip, crushed pineapple, and coconut. 
Spread the whipped topping onto the butter filling. 
Garnish with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs. 
Refrigerate for 2 hours. 
ENJOY! 

I kinda forgot to take a picture of the graham cracker crust! Oops! 

Butter, icing sugar, egg, vanilla.
Beat using an electric mixer!
Put the icing sugar mixture on
 the crust and bake!
Then make the topping...
Mix Cool Whip, pineapple and
 coconut! YUM!

And the finished product...

This is the perfect 'Spring' dessert! Enjoy!!
Please let me know if you try it! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment