Sunday 14 April 2013

What's Cookin'?

It seems like I have been doing alot of cooking and baking lately, and most of the items have been with new recipes that I have found and tweaked a bit! So today I am going to share a few new recipes that we are currently loving in the "Kirchner House"! :) 

First up... 
Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche! 
This actually isn't a new recipe! It is just one of my favourites!! This Quiche is delicious!! It is super easy to make, healthy, and a quick weeknight meal. 

What you need:
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 cup diced white onion 
1 cup fresh chopped broccoli
5 eggs
1/3 cup miracle whip dressing
1/3 skim milk (we use soy)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 frozen 'deep dish' pie crust 

-Preheat the oven to 375'F.
-Cook mushrooms, onions, and broccoli in a frying pan with some cooking spray (Pam) for about 5 minutes.
-Beat eggs, miracle whip, and milk in a bowl until well blended.
-Stir in vegetables mixture and cheese. 
-Pour mixture into pie crust, and place on a baking sheet.
-Bake for 40 minutes, or until quiche is set and golden brown on top. 
-Let stand 10 minutes before eating. 

Saute the veggies.
Beat eggs, miracle whip and milk.
Add veggies to egg mixture.
Pour mixture into pie shell.
Bake and ENJOY! YUM!
Next up...

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (No Bake)

I have an obsession with peanut butter!! I LOVE it! I eat peanut butter on toast every single morning for breakfast. I also bring home MANY boxes of peanut butter Cheerios from the United States every time I travel. If it has peanut butter in it...I will eat it!!!! 
So when I found these cookies on Pinterest I knew I had to try them out! I did make a few changes to the recipe, so if you would like the original recipe, check out my Pinterest page!

What you need: 
3 1/2 cups instant oats
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter 
1/2 milk (we use soy)

-Mix together the instant oats, peanut butter, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix together white and brown sugar, milk and butter. 
-Cook over medium heat, constantly stirring-allowing it to full boil for 1 minute!
-Pour sugar mixture over the oatmeal mixture, blending well. 
-Spoon cookie size scoops onto waxed paper and let set until firm. 

Instant oats, peanut butter,
and vanilla.
Melt sugars, butter, and milk. 
Spoon onto wax paper.
ENJOY!! Peanut buttery goodness!! 
Last up...
Chicken Broccoli Casserole 
This was another great Pinterest find, with some modifications made by me! It was super easy to make and very tasty!!

What you need:
3 cups shredded chicken
3 cups cooked broccoli
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup diced onions
2 cans mushroom soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
'Garlic Plus' seasoning 

-Preheat oven to 350'F. 
-Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. 
-Pour into glass baking dish.
-Cook for 30 minutes.

*To get my 'shredded chicken' I put 3 chicken breast, and 4 cups of chicken broth in my crock pot. Cook for 8 hours on low. Take out of crock pot and shred the chicken with a fork. SOO easy!! 


Mix everything in a bowl!
Bake for 30 minutes. 
Serve with rice and another veggie.
ENJOY!

So this has turned into an eeeeeextremely long post! ha ha! 


The last thing I want to share today is a 'special guest' to my blog! My husbands best friend came over last night and he brought us dessert! He made us a pie!!! It was a Key Lime Pie, and let me tell you...It was delicious!! And I was super impressed that he made it all by himself!! Way to go Steve!! Now you can teach Damian how to make pies! ha ha! 

Proud of his Pie!
And so he should be! 

HAPPY EATING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment