Tuesday 9 September 2014

A Pirate Party!

At the beginning of August we celebrated my Dad's 61st birthday! We were hosting it at our house so I decided it needed to be a themed party...and I picked a Pirate theme! Because...well, why not?! Everyone loves a party where you can wear eye patches and fight with foam swords, amiright!? Plus I LOVE decorating, and I will take any opportunity to make a trip to the party store!!

The main table all decorated!


Couldn't have a party without some chalkboard art!

Pirate hats and eye patches for all of the guests!


Cody was pretty pumped about the pirate hats and swords 
and couldn't wait to try them out! 

Sophia wasn't too sure about Uncle Cody's Pirate outfit! 
She was busy snuggling with  Great Grandma!

We had a special guest join us for my Dad's birthday dinner this year! Michael Franti! Both my parents taught Michael when he lived in Edmonton for a year when he was in grade 9, and he formed a special bond with my Dad all those years ago! They have kept in touch (30+ years!!) and whenever he is in town performing Michael invites us all to come to the show and hang out with him back stage. The timing was perfect this year, as he was in Edmonton headlining at Folk Fest on my Dads birthday weekend! It was very special to have him and his wonderful girlfriend Sara join us for dinner, and it meant so much to my Dad! 

Sophia was a BIG fan of Michael and got lots of cuddles with him all night!

After we ate dinner we got the pirate hats and eye patches out! 


Dad and his boys!

Dad and his Kunyk kiddos!

Super cute Cody...

Dad and Moi!

Me and my pirate hubby!

Brit, Cody, and sleeping pirate Sophia! Ha! 

Dad, Sara, Michael 

After all of the pirate shenanigans it was time for CAKE! 


It turned out to be a GREAT pirate party and everyone had a lot of FUN!
Happy Birthday Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment