Monday 29 September 2014

Twenty Nine!

On September 12th I turned 29!! Yikes! How can I be 29 already?! It's hard to believe that I am only one year away from the big 3-0!! With that being said, I have full intention of making the last year in my 'twenties' the VERY best!! My birthday was pretty low key this year, but I was fortunate enough to spend it with my wonderful family and a few friends! 

My parents hosted a birthday dinner for me on the Sunday before my birthday! I had requested a wiener roast and fire however the weather had other plans and it was POURING rain! 
SO we just had a BBQ instead!



My wonderful Dad standing out in the rain bbqing for ME!


Me and my lil peanut!

Family birthday selfie!

Sophia loves Sunday snuggles with Uncle Kellen! 
* Cody had left for Tampa Bay the day before*

Hot dogs and my two favourite salads! I am a simple eater! ha ha!

My mom made the most delicious strawberry rhubarb pie for my birthday cake! 
It is also one of my favourites!!

Thank goodness I didn't have to blow out 29 candles!

Yummy pie!!

Me and Kellen with our fancy party hats!!

Family pic!

My wonderful parents!!

Love these guys! Just missing Cody!

My actual birthday was a Friday, so my Mom and Kellen took me out for lunch! 

My special birthday dessert!

After lunch Sophia and I headed home for some afternoon snuggles and a quick nap!

Cody and Brit sent me beautiful flowers!!

And my wonderful husband came home with flowers for me as well!

When Damian got home from work he insisted I open my gifts STAT! ha!
~I was pretty impressed with his wrapping!!~

And I absolutely LOVED my first birthday card from Sophia!!

That evening my parents watched Sophia for a few hours so we could go out for my birthday dinner! 
Before we left!

A little family picture before we headed out for dinner!

Woo hoo! Date night for us! 
We headed downtown to a new restaurant called Bar Bricco! It is a super tiny restaurant right next door to one of our favourite places, Corso 32!  Bar Bricco was AMAZING!! The food was incredible and the restaurant had such a neat 'feel' to it! We will definitely be going back soon! 

We started out with the Egg Yolk Raviolo! It was melt in your mouth AMAZING!!

Then we had the Pea Shoots and Arugula Salad! Another AMAZING dish!!

Then we shared a meat tasting plate and a cheese tasting plate! DELISH!!



And I had a few Bellini's!!

Happy birthday to me!!

After our wonderful dinner we heading to Vi's for Pies to have dessert! 
I had a yummy German chocolate cake and Damian had white chocolate cheesecake! 


I had a WONDERFUL 29th Birthday and am so lucky to have shared it with my family and friends!! 
Here's to another amazing year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment