Thursday 5 March 2015

March Goals

It's March!! We are already 5 days into the month and I'm finally just getting around to posting my March goals. Hopefully at some point I will have these posts ready for the first of the month...maybe! ha! Before I move into my March goals, I need to reflect on my February goals. And lets just say that February didn't really go as planned in the whole 'goal' situation!! I definitely underestimated how sick I would be after getting my tonsils out and that put me on the sidelines of just about everything for a full two weeks. And with February only having four weeks in the first place...I kinda ran out of time to complete things.I hope to make better progress this month! 

These were my February goals...
1. Well I was only able to do physical activity 2 out of the 4 weeks in February due to my surgery! So I will count that as a win! But I will also continue to keep this goal for March.

2. Complete! This is what my recipe cupboard looked like before...YIKES! ha! I have a ton of great cookbooks, as well as a TON of recipes that I have printed off. So I needed to figure out a way to organize them!

I sorted all of my 'paper' recipes and put them into categories!

Then I organized them into a BIG binder!

Yahoo! Nice and organized!!

3. I didn't end up getting my sewing machine out this month like I had hoped...but I did complete a few projects that involved fabric ha ha! Does that count?! I made this bow holder for Sophia's room, and I made a bunch of bows and headbands for a few special girls! (Post about that coming soon!)


4. I did it!! I ate breakfast everyday! Once again, because of my surgery I was 'eating' an Ensure shake (GROSS)  for about 2 weeks for breakfast ha! But I figure that should count!! 

5. Epic FAIL. I read a total of ZERO books. I currently have 3 books on my shelf all ready to go. But it just didn't happen this month! Boo!!

And now onto my March goals...

1. My number one goal this month is to SLOW DOWN! The last few months have been particularly CRAZY BUSY! And I only have 2 more months of maternity leave with Sophia so I need to take it down a notch and really focus on what matters...my time spent with her!!

2. Once again, I am striving to get back into the fitness routine!!

3. I will try my best to dust off a book and READ it this month!! Fingers crossed I make better progress on this goal than I did last month!

4. I read an article online last week about how important it is for Moms to take some time in the day for themselves, and to just gather their thoughts. It was an amazing article and really motivated me to try to do this more often. So my plan is to set my alarm 30 minutes before Sophia wakes up every morning. This will give me time to wake up a little bit more leisurely, catch up on some of the blogs I like to read, or do a few things around the house before we start our day! It will also get me back into a routine of waking up early to head back to work...ugh!!

Have a great month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment