Tuesday 15 April 2014

Powell River Wedding!

At the end of March we headed to Powell River, British Columbia to celebrate Bailey and Matt's wedding. We were looking forward to being part of their special wedding weekend, AND trading the snow and cold in Alberta for the sun and warm weather in BC for a few days!!

Damian and Me on the plane!
We flew with a few other people travelling for the wedding so that was nice!

Shannon and Me! We arrived in Comox! NO SNOW!!

From the Comox airport we took a shuttle to the Ferry. 
I had never been on a ferry before so this was exciting for me! Ha!

While we were waiting for the ferry we met up with Bailey's family!
And Shannon found a VERY large map that everyone was vvvvery excited about! Ha ha 

On the ferry! Me, Damian, Adam, Shannon.
And you can see Rob and Dave in the background as well!

The ferry ride was about an hour and a half so that gave us lots of time to explore the ferry and enjoy the beautiful view! I was VERY nervous about how I would handle being on a 'boat' with my motion sickness...but thankfully I was totally fine!!

The beautiful view as we pulled into Powell River!
Boats everywhere!!

Bailey and Matt came to the ferry to greet us!
Shannon, Bailey, Me

Welcome to Powell River!
We made it!

We headed to our hotel and checked in. This was the beautiful view we had from our room!
SOO nice to wake up to this view each day!

After relaxing for a bit in our hotel room and grabbing a bit to eat at the hotel restaurant, we headed to Matt's parents house for a little get together with everyone who got into town that day!

This is their beautiful home!!


The other Kelsey, and Me! Ha! And a cat...


Celebrating with the ladies!

And the boys!

Friday we woke up to some rain!
But as long as it wasn't snow, I knew I would be ok!!

Me, Bailey, and Shannon headed to the spa for pedicures! It was a wonderful treat!!


Me, Bailey and Shannon enjoying our pedicures!
 The spa was beautiful and overlooked the water. The view was incredible!!

After our spa appointments we ran a few errands and had the wedding rehearsal! 
I was rehearsing, thus no pictures!


 Taking a selfie before the rehearsal dinner!

Bailey and I at the rehearsal dinner!
It was a great little restaurant and the food and drinks were great!

After the rehearsal dinner we met up with everyone that was there for the wedding, and went BOWLING!Going bowling with 40+ people is SO much fun!! We took over the entire bowling lanes ha!

I was a little 'off' my bowling game...perhaps it had something to do with the giant beach ball I have attached to the front of me...

Saturday Morning! WEDDING DAY!
The hair stylist came to the hotel to do mine and Bailey's hair which was really nice!!
This is the only 'getting' ready picture I took...

And then it was show time!
Guests all ready inside the wedding room!

There I go...

Mr. Gilbert and Bailey!

Saying their vows!
With the crazy justice of the peace! Ha!

Making it official! Woo!

Adam and I following the newlyweds out!

After the ceremony, Bailey, Matt, Adam, and I all went with the photographer for photos.
 We travelled all around neat locations in Powell River for the pictures!
I can't wait to see how they turned out!


And this is what the rest of the guests did...
Damian and Rob!

In between locations!
 It was SUPER windy which made it quite cold, but we survived!

We even stopped at Starbucks for a drink and some pictures! 
They were so kind and gave us all our drinks for free! Yay Starbucks!!


After our Starbucks run we made it back to the hotel for the reception!
Bride and Maid of Honor CHEERS!

The head table!
Adam, Matt, Bailey, Me

Woo hoo! I LOVED my sparkly name tag!!

My yummy dinner! And my collection of drinks! Ha ha!

Me and my hunky husband! (and Peanut!)

Beautiful wedding cake!

They also had a fabulous dessert table with fancy shoe cupcakes!
Shannon's face is the BEST in this picture!!! Hahaha

After dessert it was time for speeches!
Which meant it was time for ME to do my speech! Eek!
 Public speaking is sooo not my thing!!

Then it was time for Bailey and Matt's first dance!

And then Bailey's dance with her Dad!

And Matt's dance with his Mom!

Then it was time to cut the yummy cake!

Bailey and I just taking a break for a picture!

Selfie time with my hubby!

At the end of the evening we all went outside of the hotel and lit sparklers with the bride and groom!

And then they lit a paper lantern to release! However, the lantern didn't exactly cooperate all that well and ended up just entirely lighting on fire!!! Hahaha

Soooo it was more like releasing a fireball into the sky! LOL
It was VERY entertaining to watch, although we were all a little nervous when it started floating towards some VERY large trees nearby...BUT all ended well!

This is the sign I made for Bailey and Matt's hotel room for their first night!

And that was our trip to Powell River!!
 It was a beautiful wedding and we had a great time celebrating two wonderful people!
Congrats Bailey and Matt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment