Saturday 5 April 2014

Time to Catch Up...

Its April!!
 And I haven't blogged in over a month. Yikes!! Things have been crazy busy around here lately and I have lots to catch up on in blog land! I am officially now on Maternity leave! I finished up school a little bit early before Spring Break and its a VERY surreal feeling that I am not returning to school on Monday with everyone else. I really can't believe how fast this school year went for me this year! I had really hoped to blog more about school this this year, but as you know, that just didn't happen. Let's just say that 'it was one of those years'. With that being said, I still want to highlight some of the awesomeness that I experienced with my kiddos this year. 
Soooo this post will be a small peek into what my school year looked like...nothing like cramming 7 months into one blog post! Ha! 

This is what my classroom looked like when I was hired...
It is a BIG room...which I was VERY thankful for when I received my class list of 35 students...




And this is what it looked like after LOTS of work...





Some 'Back to School' activities early on in the school year...


Name Art!

We always spend a few weeks on 'Apples' at the beginning of the year. At the end of the unit all the kiddos bring in their own apple to chop, and we make apple crisp! Its always a yummy day!! 

We had many special guest readers for 'Read In Week' in October. 
Including my wonderful Mom!


Fall Art Project!

Halloween cookie decorating.

Halloween!

Crazy Kiddos!

In November I do a BIG unit on Gingerbread. 
It is one of my favourite units to teach!!



 To end the unit we made Gingerbread houses!


Then in December our friend Jingle the Elf decided to show up!
Students journaled about what Jingle did each day and they were SOOO excited to see what she was up to each day!

We celebrated the Winter Olympics in February and the kids enjoyed learning about some of the winter sports!

Watching the women's hockey gold medal game! Dressed all in RED! GO CANADA!!

Another favourite activity...learning about 'ing'. We made KING crowns to celebrate our learning!


Bowling trip! It always surprises me each year how many kiddos have never been bowling before!
 They LOVED it!!

Students made Leprechaun traps as a take home Science project. Every year I am impressed with the creativity!! Unfortunately we didn't catch any Leprechauns...but they did leave use some lucky charms for breakfast and lots of gold coins!
 I made some fun rainbow cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day!
 And then all of a sudden it was my very last day of school...
This is me with ALL of my grade one kiddos! 
They were a great group and I will miss finishing the year off with them!!

I was attacked with MANY group hugs throughout the day!!

And this is me heading out for my LAST supervision of the year! 
Woo hoo! Supervision sucks! Ha!
And THAT was my year!! Well a VERY brief version of it! 
Like I said before, I will miss my kiddos and the routine of being a teacher...but I am SO ready to start this next chapter of my life of being a Mommy for a few years!! Only 5 more weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment