Saturday 2 February 2013

A little bit of Pinterest...

Pinterest!! Enough said. It is my current obsession, although apparently I am not the only one!! I would have to say that my love for Pinterest started in August when we got home from our wedding and I still had a remaining month left of my summer vacation. I would check Pinterest every few days for a recipe to try, a decorating tip, or an idea to try out in my classroom! In late August, I started my new teaching job with my new school board, and was gifted my very own Ipad! I was beyond thrilled...although I was not aware at the time how my new Ipad would lead to hours and hours on my new favourite website! Because now I could browse all that Pinterest has to offer from the comfort of my bed! ha ha. And that is when Pinterest started really taking over my life house! I have always been a 'do it yourself' kind of person. I have never liked the idea of paying someone to do something I would be able to make or do, so I decided I better start doing some of the projects I had been 'pinning'.

So here are a few of my 'Pinterest Inspired Projects' that I have completed thus far! I am sure there will be mmmany more to come...

Our picture wall! It is all wedding pictures right now!


                  My whiteboard Menu Board! I am a planner so this helps me organize our meals for the week! 


 My Pumpkin cheese ball that I made for Thanksgiving dinner!

 My decorative plate wall! The top white plate is my Grandma's china. The middle white plate is my Great Grandma's china. The rest I bought from random stores over time! 

 This is in our bedroom. I wrote our wedding song on the frame around a picture of our first dance! 

 I decided I needed to 'pretty' up the bulletin board in my husbands office area. I painted it brown and used some ribbon and hot glue to fancy up the border! 

I have also jumped on the pinterest 'freezer meals' bandwagon and am LOVING having meals all ready to go in the freezer! I would take a picture of my freezer...but it's really not that exciting! 

Have a WONDERFUL weekend!
 I'm off to eat some fancy cheese and drink some wine malibu! 

No comments:

Post a Comment