Saturday 16 February 2013

Celebrating the 100th Day!

We celebrated the 100th day of grade one last week! This is always a SUPER exciting time for my students, and something they have literally looked forward to since day 1! Students had been anticipating the big 100th day party and activities, and I gave them a little taste of what was waiting for them when we reached the 50th day back in November. We had a little `Half way there`party which was super fun!

 The official 100th day of school was February 7th.
 This is what our day looked like! 
The kids had a blast, and I felt like I had been running in circles for 100 hours! I was the teacher organizer for all of the days events so it was a FUN but llllllong day!! 

First Up...
We spent the morning doing special `100`centers with all of the kindergarten, grade 1 and grade 2 students in our school(approx. 215 students). Students were assigned teams and they travelled around with their team to different classrooms to complete a center. 

I was in charge of the `Trail Mix`center! Students counted out 10 of each snack and made some yummy trail mix! I enjoyed all of the snacking helping I got to do! 
This is what snacks for 200+ kids looks like!
All ready to go! I had my work cut out
for me re-filling the bowls every few minutes!
Sheesh!!
They were all concentrating SO hard to count
 out10 snacks 10 times! Too cute! 
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the other centers, as I was stuck in my own classroom! But my kids sure had a blast! They did a whole whack load of awesome 100th day activities! 

In the afternoon we spent time in our own classroom, completing some of my favorite 100th day activities with my students. 

We played `100 Chart Art`BINGO!



Our principal came and read us `100th day Worries`and gave us special 100th day pencils and bookmarks!


We had a competition to see how many times we could write our names in 100 seconds! My poor lil kiddies with very traditional names with 9+ letters didn`t do so well!! Ha!
The winner was Kanza! She wrote her name 24 times! 


Students played `Roll to 100` with a partner. They are getting so awesome with their math skills!! Yippee!!


The big finally of our day was a CAKE PARTY! I made a BIG 100th day cake and invited all of the students parents to join us for cake at the end of the day! We had a great day and this was the perfect way to end it! 
The cake! It may not look that large in the picture
but I used 4 cake mixes!! ha ha
 It was large!!
Cake time!
Cake time!
We even had some younger
siblings join us for cake!


Happy 100th day of School!! 
Now only 91 more days until summer vacation....ha ha!







No comments:

Post a Comment