Wednesday 20 February 2013

Love is in the air...

Happy belated Valentine's Day! I hope your day was as filled with love as mine was! This was an exciting Valentine's Day for us this year, as it was our first as a married couple. It is still very thrilling to me to be able to buy cards that say 'to my husband' on them.... though I'm sure the novelty of that will wear off soon ha! Valentine's Day was on a Thursday this year, so that meant that I had to get through a day with 25 chocolate crazed six year old before I could enjoy the evening with my husband! It actually was an awesome day with my kiddies and WAY to much candy and chocolate was consumed! Teacher included!! 

I have had a tradition in my classroom since my first year of teaching (5 years already!!) that on Valentine's Day we always make 'Friendship Fruit Salad'. I started doing this because I wanted to do something 'healthy' at our class Valentine's Day party to counter balance all the darn sugar......
AND because its super fun and the kids love 'cooking'! 

Everyone brought in a piece of fruit to contribute to our
 'Friendship Fruit Salad'

After lots of chopping and making a disaster on our desks...
 we got THIS!
DeLISH!
Then we decided we should pppprobably dip all of that yummy fruit in chocolate...so we had a yummy chocolate fondu as well! It was a hit with everyone! Chocolate was eeeverywhere by the end though!

Anything dipped in LOTS of chocolate
sounds like a good idea to me!!
 The kids LOVED it!!

We ended the day with the ever so exciting Valentine card exchange! It still amazes me how excited they get over those silly little cards!! But hey, whatever keeps them happy :) 
Oh, and these were the Valentine's I made for my kiddies this year! Of course, this was a pinterest inspired project! The kids were really stoked on their glow bracelets and they all came to school the next day wearing them! Too cute! 
And check out this super cute candy dish that one of my amazing students made me! I was so impressed with the neat idea!! Plus it was a nice change from the 20 boxes of chocolates and treats I got from the rest of the group!!
I also got a special delivery at the end of the school day! 
My wonderful hubby had these delivered for me at school! 
I am one spoiled girl!!
We celebrated our first married Valentine's Day at The Melting Pot. Yummmmmmy!! We love going there, and always look forward to going for a special treat! We had a wonderful evening and ate WAY.TOO.MUCH. 
Damian and Moi!
Yummy main course fondu!
Chocolate Fondu for dessert!!

CHEERS! Here's to spending many more Valentine's Days together!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment