Monday 10 June 2013

Are you feeling hangry?!

Today I am sharing an easy peasy, healthy 'weeknight' meal. I consider any meal that can be made and to the table in 30ish minutes a 'weeknight' meal. And this is very important to me because when I get home from school at around 5:00 I need to eat STAT! 
Or I get a little 'hangry' as my husband puts it...ha ha 


I seriously need this pillow!!

Anywho...back to my 'weeknight' recipe...

Teriyaki Chicken Thighs & Greek Quinoa Salad 

What you need:
1/2 cup Asian Sesame Dressing (I used Kraft)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp minced ginger root
2 tbsp honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs 

Preheat oven to 350'
Whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
Pour over chicken in a plastic bag, turning evenly to coat.
Pour chicken and sauce into a glass baking dish.
Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. 
ENJOY! 

Whisk all the ingredients together!
Throw it into a bag and mix!
Into a glass baking dish, and bake!

What you need:
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup cucumber, chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, cubed
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped 
1/2 cup greek salad dressing (fresh or store bought)

Bring water and quinoa to boil over high heat,cover. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. 
Cool quinoa in the fridge while your chopping your veggies.
Prep all your veggies and the feta cheese into bite sized pieces.
Combine the cooled quinoa, veggies, feta, and greek dressing. Mix thoroughly.
ENJOY! 

Prepare quinoa!
Chop the veggies and feta cheese!
Combine Quinoa, veggies and
 greek dressing!
And there you have it!
 A quick, easy, and healthy dinner in 30 minutes! 
No excuses to get 'hangry' now... ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment