Saturday 1 June 2013

It's a boy!!

I had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower for my cousin Lyndey last weekend! She is having a little boy in just a few weeks!! Can't wait to meet the new little man!! 
Me and 'Mommy to Be'
So as you all know...I LOVE throwing parties! And baby showers are at the top of that list! I was especially excited to host this shower, because it gave me the opportunity to use my AMAZING Silhouette machine for something other than school stuff! I decided on an elephant theme for the shower with accents of polka dots, and a variety of shades of blues and greens! That may seem like a lot ha ha...but I was pleased with how it turned out! 

These were the invitations I made...

I also used my machine to make the 'It's a Boy' banner! I also added baby pictures of Lyndey and her hubby Randy on the mantle. And of course a stuffed elephant! 


I think one of the best parts of any shower is THE GAMES! Woo! This game is an oldie but a goodie! People had to guess how big Lyndey's baby belly was using a piece of ribbon. It was pretty funny how WWWAY off some people were!
 Ha ha! 
Grandma testing out her ribbon!
WINNERS!
Our cousins Amanda and Jen! 

Lyndey received MANY wonderful gifts for her new little guy! 

I had read about using a story book as a guest book for kids birthday parties on Pinterest! So I decided to use a classic story book as the guest book for the baby shower! Because I am a teacher, I have a serious obsession with children's books, so I figured this would be a great way to give the little guy his very first book! And bonus, it's signed by everyone that was there to celebrate HIM! 
I decided to have a 'mini' sandwich bar as the party food! It seemed to be a hit! Yummy food!! 

Elephant center piece of course! And he was the perfect colors!! 
It was actually surprising how many 'elephant' themed items are out there!! 


And as guest were leaving they got a small bag of carmel corn. I made the little elephant decals using my silhouette of course! I LOVED how these bags turned out!! 


And that was the baby shower! Like most parties when your the host... it was a total blurr! But I had a great time planning everything and hosting! I said MANY times as I was planning this shower, how fun this would be to do as a job someday! Plan and make things for parties! Sounds pretty sweet if ya ask me!! Ha! 

 And now we all can't wait to meet this new little boy!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Congratulations. I can understand how it feels because even my baby shower was last week in one of the event venues Chicago. I had a great time with my friends and there was a catwalk competition as well. I enjoyed a lot that day. This baby shower also seems to be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete