Saturday 29 June 2013

Hello Summer!

 I am officially on SUMMER VACATION now!! YIPPEE!!! Time to catch up on sleep, go on a few amazing holidays, catch up with friends and family, work on my tan, and just RELAX!! The month of June was a total blurr...
which I suppose it always is! 

We somehow went from this...


...to THIS in a blink of an eye!! 


So here is a lil recap of what the month of June looked like for us...

We took a road trip to Calgary for the weekend for one of my friends weddings! More to come on that soon!

Headin' to Calgary!

Cody and Brit happened to be in Calgary that same weekend so they stopped by our hotel room for a visit! And then Cody and Damian had some champagne ha! 

Well aren't they romantic! 

Father's day projects at school! I had my kiddos paint a canvas, then we glued 'Dad' onto them. I used my Silhouette Cameo for the letters of course!


We had the opportunity to go out to the school I used to teach at and meet our pen pals! My students LOVED this entire day!! 

Listening to an elder drum!

Brit finished school!! Yay! This girl is one of the hardest working people I know, and her program was totally INTENSE! Like 10 courses at a time intense!! Congrats Brit!! 

Woo Hoo you survived!! Lets celebrate!

We made 'Summer Bucket Lists' at school! Some of the things that my students want to do this summer were pretty darn funny!! Ha! 



The end of the year was quickly approaching so I had to come up with some sort of 'year end gift' for my students. My students were OBSESSED with drawing with chalk for the last 2 months of school so when I saw these little packs of chalk at Target I knew I had to get them! Actually, all of these items were from Target...which I am slowly changing my opinion of...shocking I know!! More on THAT will come soon...

Chalk, Kool Aid, Crazy Straws!
I used my Silhouette Cameo to make the tags!


Voila! Easy Peasy gift for my students! And they totally LOVED them!!


Summer Fun Day! It was a beautiful morning and the kids had a blast taking part in all of the activities! Unfortunately I only caught the tail end of it, as I was at home bailing water out of my broken sump pump and very wet basement!! Yikes! 


This is the only picture I managed to take on the last day of school...ha! We had a class pancake breakfast in the morning and then played games and enjoyed our time together in the afternoon! It was a wonderful end to an AMAZING year!!! 

This is me...classroom all tidied and packed for the summer!
 I can't believe I just finished my 5th year of teaching!!! 


NOW LET'S GET SUMMER STARTED!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment