Thursday 4 July 2013

Summer-ness, Dessert, and Sending good vibes to Florida!

So this blog post has a little bit of everything! My first week of summer recap, a yummy dessert recipe, and a special request at the end! Hopefully you can last through it all! ha! 
 I have been THOROUGHLY enjoying my first week of summer vacation and have been spending a lot of time visiting with my wonderful family and friends that I don't get to see all that often during the school year!! 

We headed to the Edmonton Eskimos home opener last weekend with my parents, and lets just say that the only enjoyable parts of the game were my delicious ice cream bar and the 26'C weather. We lost to Saskatchewan 39-18, and it was a pretty terrible game! Though the company was great, and I was able to work on my tan! Ha ha! 

Ma and Me!
Damian and Dad!
We opted for a 'low key' Canada Day this year! We spent most of the afternoon/evening on the deck enjoying the beautiful weather, playing some games, and having a BBQ for dinner. 


My cousin Lyndey had her baby!! Little Lucas John was born on Saturday June 15, 2013. My Mom and I went to visit them this week and man oh man is he ever precious!! I look forward to MANY more snuggles from Lucas!! 


And now onto a delicious summer time dessert...

Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake Squares

What you need:
2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon 
16 oz (2 tubs) cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs
2 lemons, zested and juiced
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 325'
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
Add the melted butter and mix well.
Pour into a 9" pan and firmly pat down evenly to make the 'crust'.
Bake for 12 minutes. 
Combine the cream cheese, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar, using an electric mixer. It should have a smooth consistency.
Pour onto the cooked graham cracker crust and sprinkle with the raspberries. 
Bake for 40 minutes, or until set. 
Remove from the oven and cool completely before refrigerating for at least 3 hours. 
Serve chilled. 

ENJOY! 

Prepare the crust.
Combine the ingredients for the filling.
Pour filling over the crust,
add the raspberries and bake.
Refrigerate and ENJOY!
I made this dessert for Sunday Dinner, in celebration of Canada Day because its 'red and white'! It was VERY tasty!!

And last but not least...
I would like everyone out there to PLEASE send some good vibes to my little brother Cody for the next week! He is leaving for Tampa Bay, Florida tomorrow morning to attend the Tampa Bay Lightening rookie camp! This is a very exciting opportunity for him and I KNOW he will do AMAZING!!! 
Good Luck Cody!! We are all SO proud of you!! 

Me and Cody in Alaska

Lets just hope they don't ask you to do any interviews...


Haha...What a guy!!

2 comments: