Tuesday 30 July 2013

New York -Day 5

Today we headed to Hoboken, New Jersey so I could live my dream of going to Carlo's Bakery!!! I LOVE the show Cake Boss on TLC, and if you have followed this blog for a little while now, you also know that I LOVE to bake! So when we discovered that Hoboken was just a 30 minute subway ride away, I just HAD to make it happen! 

Hoboken was a really nice place! And I was SOO pumped when I saw this sign...

And then we saw the line...

Holy Moly!! Apparently I am not the only one that loves this show! Ha! 
And this is where I must give my AMAZING husband another shout out...because he waited in that line with me for...ahem...2 and a half hours!!!! He must REALLY love me!!!

This is us standing in the line! 
Two HUGE bus loads of pastry lovin' women arrived just after we did!!
 Thank goodness we were ahead of them in the lines!!

Then we FINALLY got close enough to see the actually bakery...
I was soooo excited!!

Me!

Husband of the year I tell ya!!

And then we finally got to walk through those doors!!! It smelled DELICIOUS and I seriously wanted to eat everything! 

The bakery looked exactly how it does on the show, which made it even cooler. Buddy and the other family members were not there, and we were informed that they are only there when they are taping for the show! 

YAY!! We are INSIDE Carlo's Bakery!!!


This is where Buddy does his cake consultations! 
When they are filming for the show they take that TV down and replace it with a portrait.  The consultation area was roped off, but while we were waiting for our number to be called to order, a couple of guys came to pick out a cake. It was super neat to see them meeting with some of the staff to order a cake!! Took bad it wasn't buddy!!I would have died!!! 

Woo hoo! We got our order!! Best day ever!!

After leaving the bakery, we hopped back onto the subway to head back to Manhattan. 

We stopped off at the hotel to drop off our baked goods and to have a taste of the famous Carlo's Bakery Cannoli's!! They were FABULOUS! And so were the other treats we bought!! Definitely worth the wait in my opinion!! Ha! 

After our afternoon bakery snacks, we headed to SOHO on the subway! This area of town had a really neat vibe to it...unfortunately I was too busy looking around at everything to take many pictures! Oops! 

The streets of SOHO...

One store that I had hoped we would seen in SOHO was DASH! 
The store that the Kardashian sisters own! They showed it alot on their show so I thought it would be neat to actually see it in real life! Of course...they weren't there! But it was still cool!!
 And I did buy a $12 key chain...ha ha those darn Kardashians!!! 


I was only able to snap one picture in the store because one of the guys that works there kept giving me nasty looks...

We travelled around SOHO for the rest of the afternoon, going in and out of shops and just sight seeing! Sorry for the lack of pictures! 

Then we headed back to the hotel, cleaned up for dinner, had a great meal at a small Italian place, and then headed to BROADWAY!

We had booked our tickets for 'The Book of Mormon' a few months ago and we were pumped to see it! It is rated #1 on Broadway right now and we had heard ALOT of amazing things about it! It was also written by the guys who wrote the TV show 'South Park', so we knew it would be super funny! 

And it did NOT disappoint!! I have seen ALOT of musicals, and this by far was the FUNNIEST one I have ever seen. It was also extremely vulgar ha ha but that's what made it so funny!! I totally recommend seeing this one if you ever have the opportunity!!!

The theatre was beautiful and the set and props were unbelievable! 


After our Broadway show we took the subway to the NOHO area. We walked around exploring for a little bit, and then found a lounge to have a few drinks. It was a great way to celebrate another wonderful evening!


On our walk back to the subway we walked along Cooper Square!
Aw I sure missed 'Coopy' (my parents dog ha ha) this week!! 

Back on the subway heading back to the hotel to BED! 

We had a GREAT day 5 in NYC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment