Friday 12 July 2013

Summer Projects and Salad!

Summer is my time to work on little projects around the house! I LOVE a good DIY  project, or to organize a disastrous closet or shelf. With that being said I would rather organize something over CLEAN it any day of the week. I'm fairly certain I am allergic to cleaning...ha! I wish!! 

This was one of my projects this week...


Now I know this 'before' picture may shock you...ha ha...especially if you have ever been in my classroom!! I am a total type A personality and everything in my classroom is kept a VERY certain way. And for the most part my house is the exact same way. However...I am hoping I am not the only one out there that has 'THAT' closet or shelf that just gets stuff thrown at it. Well...this was that space in my house!! The closet in our spare bedroom. The home of my gift wrapping stuff, craft supply, picture frames, children's books, and extra soap. Ha ha it was quite the assortment!! So after a little bit of organization, it is looking MUCH better!! Let's just hope it stays that way! :) 


This was another one of my summer projects...


I planted flowers!! 
This might also shock most of you, because I am known to KILL any type of plant!! Even hearty bamboo can't survive in my house...its quite sad! 
So far so good with my flowers! Although they don't exactly look this beautiful anymore after they took quite the beating during a few hail storms over the last few weeks!

Craft break...


I LOVE me some 'craft time' during the summer! I found this clear serving tray in the clearance section at Home Sense for 3 bucks! It was fairly scratched up so I knew I would have to do something to it to make it look more presentable. I dug out some scrapbook paper and my 'Mod Podge' and got to work! This was a super easy project and I was really pleased with the end result! 


*You may have noticed that I am trying out some new 'methods' for my pictures on my blog! I found this program called 'Picasa' online, and I am LOVING creating all sorts of picture collages and such! You should really check it out!!*

Now onto the Salad...

I was inspired by a certain salad that I had been seeing all over Pinterest for a few weeks. So when we had some friends over for a BBQ last weekend I knew I had to try this salad out! And man am I glad we did! It was delicious!! Salads are typically my 'go to' lunch in the summer time and I know I will be making this one over and over for sure!

Summer Spinach Salad 

What you need:
1 package baby spinach
1 cup sliced strawberries
1 avocado, diced 
4 slices of bacon, cooked and sliced
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/3 cup pecan pieces 
*Raspberry balsamic dressing* (I used Kraft) 

Assemble salad, toss in dressing.
ENJOY!! 

Summer Spinach Salad!
Perfect for a summer BBQ!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment