Saturday 27 July 2013

New York - Day 3

 Today we had a bit of a late start to the day. It was great to sleep in a little bit and enjoy the continental breakfast served at our hotel! After breakfast and getting ready, we set out for the day! 

First up, we headed to a 'store' called Bespoken. It's not actually a store, because they don't sell anything there... but its a brand that Damian really likes! So he had set up an appointment a few weeks prior to go to their offices and get a 'made to measure' shirt! It was this loft style office on the eighth floor and it was such a neat place! They measured him, showed us demos and picked his fabric right on the spot! And one of the head designers of the company was there as well so that was pretty cool! Now we just have to wait for his shirt to arrive in the mail...

Damian outside of the Bespoken Office...

Trying on shirts and picking which fabric he wanted!

After Bespoken we headed to one of MY favourite stores! TIFFANY'S! It was SIX floors! SIX! And it was glorious!! 

And it's not that often that I treat myself to 'fancy' things...lets be real, I crawl around on the floor teaching 6 year olds all day...BUT I was in New York...So I treated myself!!! It was VERY exciting!! 


After some morning shopping we headed to Central Park! This was one of the places that we had REALLY been looking forward to visiting! It really is beautiful! And my goodness its HUGE!! I mean, we knew it was going to be big...But I didn't quite fathom it being that big! 


Taking a little break from our walk!


This guy was doing some hard core circus/workout moves hanging from the tree! 
I was exhausted just watching him...Ha!

We continued to walk and then stopped for some lemonade at The Boathouse. We sat over looking the lake and watched people paddle around in little row boats! 

The lake...

We enjoyed a nice picnic for lunch! 

After walking for quite some time we decided that we wanted to explore the rest of central park on bikes! We rented our bikes from The Boathouse and went on our way! 
It took us about an hour and a half to bike all of Central Park!! The downhill parts were wonderful, however the uphill parts almost killed me ha! And it didn't help that it was 45'C out but felt like 51'C with humidity!!!! We were sweating BUCKETS by the end that's for sure! 

We stopped along the way to take pictures and to just admire what Central Park has to offer...

Us on our bikes! What a fun time!!

After Central Park we took the Subway back to our part of town to have a rest and get ready for the evening! 

Photo time in the elevator...

We had reservations at a restaurant called Nobu! 
Damian told me it was a sushi place, so at first I wasn't that excited ( I HATE sushi)...but then I realized that it was one of the restaurants that the Kardashians go to on their show all the time...so I thought that was pretty cool!! Ha! 

It was actually VERY good! Damian had a TON of sushi and I opted for Teriyaki chicken!
 Sadly, I saw no Kardashians ha ha! 


After our wonderful dinner we did some more exploring and shopping! 

Then we headed to the Empire State Building to check it out! 
We got our tickets to visit the first and second viewing areas! 
We were going wwwwway up!!

We took one elevator up to the first viewing area which was the 86th floor. The elevators move so fast that our ears were popping as we went up! It was an AMAZING view and looked so neat at night time!! 

Us on the 102nd floor of the Empire State Building!!

The incredible view at night...


Holy Moly we are REALLY high up!!!

After spending the evening at the Empire State Building we were pretty exhausted and ready for bed! 

As we were walking home we ran into THIS amazing store!! Imagine that!! A JOE FRESH Store in NYC!! Of course, I was beyond thrilled because everyone knows that I LOVE me some JOE clothes!! 
Who knew I would be so stylish in New York sportin' my JOE clothes! ;) 

And that was Day 3 in NYC!! 
Another AMAZING day!

No comments:

Post a Comment