Monday 22 December 2014

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I am a total creature of habit. If I find something I like to eat at a particular restaurant, I will without fail, order it every.single.time! I am NOT an adventurous eater AT ALL. Despite my husbands encouraging!! And almost every meal I make/eat has the main ingredient of chicken. Which became a slight problem for my first 3 months of pregnancy with Sophia, as I could not even look at chicken, let alone EAT IT! Thank goodness that that was just a preggo phase that disappeared after my first trimester! One of my favourite 'go to' restaurants is Joey's, and they make the BEST lettuce wraps! Whether I am out for lunch, dinner, or just a snack, I am ordering the lettuce wraps. Since having Sophia we haven't been eating out as often, thus I was majorly missing my beloved lettuce wraps!! After looking at a bunch of recipes and a little bit of trial and error, I think I created my own tasty version of the lettuce wrap! We have had them twice in the last three weeks! ha! Give them a try! I don't think you will be disappointed! 

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
What you need:
2 tbsp olive oil
3 boneless chicken breasts, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 white onion, diced
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
1/2 cup water chestnuts, diced
2 handfuls chinese noodles
1/4 cup peanuts
salt/pepper to taste
1 head of lettuce (I used romaine)

Heat olive oil in frying pan.
Add chicken, cook until no longer pink.
Add garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine venegar, and ginger.
Cook until onions are translusent.
Add in water chestnuts, peanuts, and salt/pepper.
Remove from heat and add chinese noodles.
Scoop into lettuce and ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment