Wednesday 17 December 2014

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party 2014

Every year for as long as I can remember, we have been celebrating 'Kunyk Christmas' with my Dad's side of the family! Growing up, sometimes we would celebrate on the actual Christmas Day, and other years we would celebrate a few weeks in advanced. This was something I always looked forward to, as I have 10 cousins on my Dad's side of the family, so that meant there was always lots of FUN to be had!! I should also mention that it was at 'Kunyk Christmas' that I grew a fond HATRED for Christmas pudding...bleck!! I'm fairly sure they force fed it to most of us until we were old enough to actually run away and hide while it was being served. Ha! Over the years 'Kunyk Christmas' has remained a wonderful tradition... even though sometimes it is hard to get us altogether with work, school, travel, families, and just life! But when we do manage to get everyone together, it is just like it was growing up...but EVEN better now that some of us have kids of our own! 

This year it was my parents turn to host 'Kunyk Christmas'! And I must be rubbing off on my Dad, because he was the one who initiated the Ugly Christmas Sweater theme! And it turned out to be AWESOME! Almost everyone participated and it was fun to see everyones UGLY sweaters! 
I think we may have a new tradition on our hands...

The appetizers/food table!

The voting station! And the UGLY sweater trophy that I made!

The bar area! Very important! Ha!


The kids prizes!

I had to throw in a picture of my parents mantle! 
Notice how Cooper has a stocking...but Sophia doesn't yet! Ha!

And the Santa Tree!

Sophia was BEYOND confused as to why her Daddy had bells hot glued all over his sweater!!


And even Cooper had to wear a Christmas sweater!!


Sophia's sweater courtesy of Uncle Kellen!
"Merry Christmas ya filthy animal!"

My sweet family!

Me and my girl!

Jen, Ava, Evan

Lyndey, Lucas, Randy

Amanda, Maryn, Kurt

Adam, Ryley, Kerri

Matt, Will

Pam, and her beer! Ha!

Aunty Kathy, Uncle Rudi

Grandma, Pam

Dad, Cooper, Mom

Uncle Gary, Aunty Mausi

Ellen, Uncle Doug

With Maryn!

And since Cody, Brit, and Kellen were all in New York...they sent us THIS to participate!!
We missed them at the party!


AND THE WINNER WAS....
LYNDEY!!


We did some Christmas karaoke! 
Ryley was the star of the show for sure!!


Damian was VERY proud of 'his birds'!!

Sophia was giving Aunty Lyndey some snuggles!

All of the babies are the entertainment nowadays! We just pass them around! ha ha!


Sophia was giving Great Grandma some snuggles!



And then THIS happened!!
Who needs toys when you can RIDE the treadmill!! It was SUPER funny to watch them take turns riding the treadmill, and every so often there would be a pile up of kids at the bottom! HA!



And the day just kept getting better! 
It just so happened to be my Uncle Gary's 60th Birthday that day as well! 
So I made him some special cupcakes and we made him blow out all 60 candles!


At the end of the day I decided I would like to 'try' to get a picture of all of the great grandkids!
Trying to get a picture of a 7 month old, 1.5 year old, 2 year old, 3.5 year old, and 4.5 year old is NOT easy!! But I do love the ones we got! I love these little munchkins!!

Lucas was NOT feeling the pictures! HA!




We had a fabulous time at the Ugly Sweater Party and visiting with our family! 
Thanks for hosting Mom and Dad!!
 We look forward to seeing everyones UGLY sweaters next year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment