Monday 29 December 2014

Christmas table decor...That won't break the bank!!

Now I must begin this post with stating that I had FULL intentions of getting this posted BEFORE Christmas, so it would be of some help and inspiration to you all for this year...however LIFE got in the way ha! And that clearly did not happen!! Soooo...just think of this post as a REALLY early start, in planning for NEXT Christmas! Ha! YOUR WELCOME!! 



This year we were hosting Christmas dinner, so I did what every person on this planet does when they are hosting a party these days...I searched Pinterest for ideas!! I found a TON of beautiful and very extravagant table settings all over Pinterest...however I did not have the time, nor the budget to make those types of table settings happen! Thus I headed to some of my favourite local stores searching for some inspiration and good deals. 
And I found exactly that!! I present to you....

Christmas Table Decor...that won't break the bank!

My first find were these paper place mats from Target! They were $4 for a package of 12. I loved the colours and pattern, and it served as the inspiration for the rest of my table items! I decided to stick with green, black, and gold, as well as the red cranberries.

Next, I found these charge plates at the Dollar Tree for $1.25 each!
 I knew they would look great with our black dishes.


Then I found these chalkboard tags at Michael's. They were $1.50 for a package of 2! I knew they would make the perfect 'placecards' for each place setting! Plus we all know my love for chalk art...AND they can be reused over and over again!!

I found these cranberry 'picks' at the Dollar Tree for $1.25.


I cut the twine off of the chalkboard tags and stuck 3 cranberry picks through the hole on each tag. I used my chalkboard pen to write everyones name.

Next, I used some ribbon from Michael's to create the 'napkin ring' portion, and hot glued it to the cranberry wire. 



I bought a small garland from the Dollar Tree as well for $1.25, and cut off a small piece and stuck it in between the napkin and the chalkboard tag for an added POP of green!


I kept the centre piece VERY simple as well! 
I bought 3 round vases from Dollarama...2 small ($1.50 each) and 1 large ($3). I bought a large bag of fresh cranberries ($2.99) and 10 white carnations (99 cents each) to create the flower arrangement! The small green candles and cranberry 'wreathes' also all came from the Dollar Tree and were all $1.25 each! 

The flower arrangement was EASY PEASY!! 
Just place the cranberries in the round vase. Fill it with water. Add the flowers and arrange how you so wish. Add in some greenery if you so desire! And VOILA! 

I was very pleased with how our table turned out and loved it even MORE because it was so easy (and cheap!!) to put together!! I hope it gives you a little bit of inspiration for the next time you want to set the table for a special meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment