Monday 5 January 2015

A new year...

Happy New Year!
 2015 has arrived, and it's time to make it the very best year ever! We had a VERY low key New Years Eve this year and it was PERFECT! During the day we took Sophia swimming to a new rec centre nearby, and then once we put her to bed for the evening, Damian and I set up for fondu. We then proceeded to eat our faces off for a few hours! ha! After we were SUPER full, we played  a few games of Jenga, had some fancy champagne, kissed at midnight, and then promptly went to bed! We really know how to live it up, hey?! It was a wonderful evening and it was nice to just hang out together!







And now that the year has officially begun, its time to work on those New Years resolutions!! The last few years I have tried to make a better effort at making goals and sticking to them. Being a teacher, goal setting is something that we do on a regular basis with our students, as well as in our professional development.  So bringing these goals into my daily life seemed important too! Two years ago my New Years resolution was to start this blog! And I'm glad to still being going strong with it. Last year my New Years resolution was to document a picture on instagram every single day. And I completed that as well! This year I have decided to make 'monthly goals' instead of just one BIG goal for the entire year. I have lots I want to accomplish this year but I figured I would be MUCH more successful if I broke down my goals by month. Some goals will be bigger than others, and some months will have more goals than others! That's just life! 

I am a 'notebook' collector...and I LOVE lists!! So when I saw this AWESOME notebook at HomeSense, I knew it would be perfect for my 2015 monthly goals!

I am going to post my goals on my blog each month to keep myself accountable. I will also give a bit of an overview of how I did the previous month with completing my goals. It's nice to have moral support from such wonderful people!!

So here are my January goals...

Pretty self explanatory! 
1. I haven't worked out since I had Sophia...yikes! Time to hit the treadmill! 

2. We have SOOO many toys all of a sudden and I have no idea how to make sense of the toy madness without making my house look like a daycare! Stay tuned to see how I figure this out...ha!

3. I have made good progress on the disaster we call our basement...a few more hours and it should be done!

4.Spending time with my hubby always seems to fall to the wayside when there are bottles to wash, laundry to fold, meals to plan, or I'm sneaking some 'me' time! I need to work at making this more of a priority!! 

And because I enjoyed doing my #kpkeveryday2014 pictures so much, I have started it again! 
And I would love for you to join in!! Just post a picture every day on instagram! It is so awesome to have an entire year 'in pictures' at the end!
Follow me at kpkirchner
#kpkeveryday2015 

I hope your 2015 has started off with a BANG!

No comments:

Post a Comment