Thursday 22 January 2015

Mediterranean Chicken

This meal was DELICIOUS!! I remember being forced strongly encouraged to eat cooked spinach when I was a child and I thought it was the most awful thing EVER! I'm not exactly sure when I out grew that sentiment, however I am glad I did! Especially because the cooked spinach that goes with this chicken dish is AMAZING! This meal was quick, easy, and pretty healthy as well!  A perfect score in my books!

Mediterranean Chicken
What you need:
3-4 chicken breast (boneless/skinless)
1 bag fresh baby spinach
1 small basket 'grape' tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese 

In a large bowl combine;chicken, tomatoes, spinach, and oil.
Toss to coat everything with the oil.
In a separate smaller bowl combine; garlic,Italian seasoning, oregano and salt.
Sprinkle this mixture over the chicken/spinach mixture, coating well.
Arrange the chicken and spinach mixture in a single layer on a foil lined baking dish.
Bake at 450' for 22 minutes.
Remove from oven, and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Serve and ENJOY!
Soooo...
I was right in the middle of preparing this meal a few weeks ago and the bowl was sitting on the counter ready to be put in the pan and into the oven. Damian had just gotten home from work and looked at the bowl of food, and then very concerned and confused asked me 'Why did you put RAW chicken in the salad?!' Ha ha! I had to explain to him that, no, I was not trying to poison him and that I would in fact, be cooking all of that together! Nothing like a raw chicken salad?! ha ha! Ick!

No comments:

Post a Comment