Friday 16 January 2015

Friday Favorites!

Happy Friday!!
So I'm doing something NEW and FUN today! I am linking up with one of my favourite bloggers, Andrea at 'Momfessionals', for a series called Friday Favourites!


 Here are few things making my list this week...

*My RED cast iron dutch oven*
I am LOVING my new dutch oven that I got for Christmas from my parents!! I made some spaghetti sauce this week, and I think it tasted even better because it was made in my new pot! Ha ha!

*Cousin Love*
On Sunday we celebrated my Grandma's 80th Birthday with the whole family! Now that Sophia is getting a little bit older, I LOVE seeing her interact and 'play' with her cousins!! I think these two are going to be buddies!! 
Maryn and Sophia

*Carrots*
Carrots?! Ha ha...yes you read that correctly! Sooo...a little bit of background on how carrots became one of my favourites this week...Damian text me on Monday when I was out grocery shopping, telling me that one of the guys at work told him about THE BEST CARROTS EVER!! And my response was; ummm what?! Carrots are carrots!!. WELL apparently not, because Damian and this guy had a FULL lengthy conversation about these dang carrots. He then informed me that you can only get them from one SPECIAL grocery store! Soooo I was totally intrigued!! Sophia and I made a quick stop at this store on the way home to find these carrots. And when we found them, there was this BIG pink sign in front of them. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I SEEN A LIMIT ON CARROTS!!! I honestly laughed out loud when I saw that!! And thought, sheesh, these carrots MUST be THAT good! Well people...I am here to report that these carrots ARE THAT GOOD!! They taste like 'straight from Grandmas garden' carrots...and that is a treat when its' the dead of winter here!! YUM!!

*Notebooks*
I LOVE cute notebooks and have a TON of them! I picked this one up from Homesense a few weeks ago and have been using it for my New Years Resolution goals. 
Believe in your #selfie 


*The Weather*
It has been unseasonably WARM here for the past few days and it has been WONDERFUL!! Usually it is -30 in January with 5 feet of snow on the ground!! We have been trying to take full advantage of the warm weather and have been going for a family walk every night after dinner. Fingers crossed the warm weather lasts for a few more weeks!


*Cranberry Chicken*
This is one of our favourite dinners and 'go to' meals in our house. 
And what makes it even better is that it is easy peasy to make!!
We had it for dinner last night and it was delish like usual!

Put 6-8 chicken thighs in a baking dish. In a separate bowl, mix together; 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing, 1 pouch dry onion soup mix, and 1 can whole berry cranberry sauce. Pour over the chicken. Bake at 375'F for 50 minutes. Serve with rice. ENJOY!! 

Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment