Monday 18 March 2013

Day One! And a lil more St. Patrick's Day...

So today was the first day of our 5 day fitness challenge! And I survived!! GO ME!! 5:30 am is definitely early... but I actually felt great afterwards, and managed to survive the day at school. The whole point of this little challenge is to try to fit an actual fitness routine into my schedule. For those of you who know me well, know that I eat, sleep and breath my job. And before you tell me that that's terrible or feel sorry for me....DON'T! Because it is a choice I have made. I love my job, and I love that it is a HUGE part of who I am. I understand that there will be a time when I will no longer want my job to be my life...however for now, I'm fine with it! So with my Job consuming so much of my time, I find it EXTREMELY hard to find time to work out. Damian and I enjoy taking fitness classes together, and love our TRX class once a week. And I'm sad to say that some weeks that's all I manage to squeeze in!! Yikes! My wonderful husband is definitely my motivator in this challenge! He is a pppretty disciplined guy and works out 4-5 times a week! SO he is just along for the ride in my lil challenge! ha ha 

So this is the plan... I can't possibly put more into my evenings (dinner, chores, school work) ....soooo I MUST get up earlier and fit my workouts in at 5:30 am.This will give me time to get a 30-45 min workout, shower, get ready, and get to school at 7:50, my usual arrival time :)  We are very lucky to have our own gym set up in our basement...because if I actually had to get my butt into a vehicle and actually drive to the gym at 5:30 am, it.would. never. happen!!! 

With day one complete I feel good and confident that I can do this! And just a note...after we finish our first week challenge, I have no intentions of working out at 5:30 am everyday. I feel like a good balance will be 3 days a week! (M, W, F) I am just doing 5 days this week to get a jump start on the whole process! I don't want to burn myself out!! I just need to get my butt in gear! 


Day 1 of our early morning workouts!
 Don't I look excited!!! ha ha

Oh, and it was an exciting day at school today! The leprechauns visited our classroom over the weekend...though unfortunately we didn't manage to catch any! ha! 
Here is some of the excitement from today...

All of my students made
Leprechaun traps as a
`take home` Science project!


Awesome Leprechaun Traps!


More traps!


I have 26 students so these are only a few of the amazing and creative traps they made!

The Leprechauns also left us a special note!

They were sent on a mission!


They found all of the letters and it
 spelled out `Principal`! 

The Leprechauns left us a surprise in the principals office!
 Lucky Charms and green milk for breakfast! 

The Surprise! Oh were they
ever excited!!


I`ll be back tomorrow with Day Two of my fitness challenge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment