Tuesday 21 May 2013

Not so little anymore...

We celebrated Cody's 23rd Birthday yesterday! It's so hard to believe that my 'baby' brother is 23!!!
 It seems like it was just yesterday that he was this cute lil guy...

Since Cody and I are 5 years apart, I can actually remember when he was born! I remember hoping that my Mom was going to bring home a sweet baby girl from the hospital...however instead it was this big ol' boy! And yes, he was BIG! 12 POUNDS of big!! My poor Mother!! 

After I realized that it was going to be just me and 'the boys' from now on, I settled nicely into being their second mother ha ha! I'm sure they just LOVED that!!  

Cody, Me and Kellen
Like I've said many times before, I feel SO blessed to be so close with my brothers! Cody and I had a different relationship growing up because of our age difference. The only time that we were in the same school was in elementary school, and I had the pleasure of being his 'grade 6 buddy' ha ha! (Poor guy seriously couldn't get away from me! ha!) But we have always had a special bond, and I think I will refer to him as my 'baby' brother until he is 90! He is probably the LOUDEST person I have ever met, and says some of the craziest and funniest things ever!! He is an extremely talented athlete and I am SOO proud of all of his accomplishments so far in life! 

This is how we celebrated Cody's Birthday this year...

Dinner at Sumo Sumo
Brit, Cody, Ma
Then we went back to my parents house for 'cake'...which you can see in the picture is JELLO! BAH! 
Rewind 3 days...
Me: What kind of cake do you want me to make for your b-day?
Cody: I want Jello
Me: What?! 
Cody: I want Jello. Cake is overrated. 
Me: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I make CAKES! A monkey could make you Jello. I will not! 

Sooooo...My Mom made him Jello, because I refused...lol 
Blowing out his invisible candles
on his JELLO!
He said he was gonna win
200 Million...
Kellen gave him a REAL
 manly card...
Brothers!
Me and the boys!
Dad, Cody, Ma
Cody and Brit
Kellen, Cody, Damian, Dad
LOVE all these guys!! 
HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY CODY!!
I hope you had a WONDERFUL day and that your year is AMAZING!!
Love your big Sis!

Kels
xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment