Tuesday 14 May 2013

TARGET!

Soooo you may not know this about me...but I am OBSESSED with Target. My best friends know this about me, because they share the obsession with me! But most people, including my husband, do NOT understand it!! Quite frankly, I'm fairly certain Damian thinks I'm NUTS! 

I'm not sure when I fell in love with Target...I'm thinkin' probably all of the summers I spent as a child at my grandparents house in Arizona, and the many trips to Target for toys, clothes, food, etc. 

And then I became an adult. And started planning and going on trips by myself! And no matter where I went,  I always tried to stay somewhere close to a Target. ( ya, ya, so I am crazy!) I just LOVE me some Target!!!

I decided to 'dig' up some ooooold Target photos, just to show you that this is not an obsession that I just acquired! ha ha! 

Me at TARGET! Arizona 2008
This was Jenna's FIRST time EVER at Target!!
 I was honoured to be present for
 this occasion!!! ha!
Me at TARGET Florida 2007
Look at all of the 100 Calorie treats! 

SOOOO you can imagine the sheer EXCITEMENT when I heard that Target was coming to Canada!!! It was about two years ago that they made the announcement, and I actually emailed the press release to my best friend, because I was THAT excited!! (again, yes, crazy!)

Last Tuesday was the BIG opening day of Target here in Sherwood Park. I was SO pumped! The plan was to go on Wednesday to avoided the mayhem, and of course I went with Bailey, who is the only other person on this planet who I think is as NUTSO about Target as me!!

So here is my review of Target Canada...

Ummmm....It sucked!!! :(
I know....devastating. It hurts my heart just a little to even say it, but its SO true. It really was not good!!!
It was not at all like the Targets in the states!! It was pretty junky, not all that cheap, and didn't really sell anything different like they do in the US. Totally disappointing.

HOWEVER...I don't think I have ever gone into a Target and NOT bought something....
so here is a look at our trip...

Bailey's Loot!
My Loot!
Yay! Let's pretend we are satisfied
with Target right now! ha!
Bailey in the Barbie aisle! She is obsessed
 with Barbies. Still! ha! :p 
Our Target trip wasn't a total bust...I did manage to find CHICAGO MIX POPCORN!! This stuff is amazing!!!! I was first introduced to this popcorn at my very first staff meeting at my new school! Everyone was obsessed with it and literally eating it by the handfuls! The only place you could buy it was Costco, until Costco decided to stop selling in about 2 months ago! How sad! Our staff meetings just aren't the same without it!!

 BUT!! NEWSFLASH!!!
TARGET SELLS IT!


Seriously people....go buy some! It is the best.thing.ever!! It is the perfect mix of cheesy and sweet goodness that you have ever eaten. I convinced Bailey to buy a bag on our Target trip, and then she sent me HATE text messages the next day because she couldn't STOP eating it! True story!! 

So I suppose there was SOME good that came out of Target Canada...but don't think for a second that I won't be shopping till I drop at Target in the USA the next time I'm there!!

Which reminds me...I should ask Damian how far our hotel in New York is from the nearest Target!!! HA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment