Saturday 18 May 2013

What's for dinner? - Balsamic Chicken

I love chicken. I love balsamic vinegar. I love quick. I love easy. 
So when I came across this recipe I knew it would be something that I would LOVE. And I was right! This chicken dish was super easy to make and tasted delish! It was a prefect weeknight meal!! 

Balsamic Chicken
What you need:
4 Chicken breast
5 cloves garlic
1 cup fresh basil
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 water
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 small can sliced black olives
1 cup grape tomatoes
1/2 cup red onion 

Preheat over to 375'. 
Brown the chicken breast in a pan, with about 1 tbsp olive oil.
In a blender place the garlic, basil, olive oil, and water. Blend well.
Place the browned chicken in a baking dish and cover with the basil mixture. 
Top with the mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and black olives. 
Bake for 35 minutes.
ENJOY!

** I am thinking next time I make this dish I will try adding some feta cheese on top! YUM!*

Brown chicken in olive oil
Prepare mushrooms, onions, tomatoes
and olives.
Blend the basil, garlic,
balsamic vinegar and water.
Cover browned chicken with basil mixture.
Top the chicken with all of the
veggies and bake!
Served with rice! YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment