Monday 27 May 2013

SPRING in Grade One!

It's hard to believe that this school year is coming to an end! My lil grade one babies are not such babies anymore! Well, when it comes to tattling they are...but you know what I mean!! I like to do the odd post about school, because this will be a way to remember what I did each year when I am looking back at my blog!

 Warning: This is a LONG post about grade one! Most of you probably don't care about this sorta stuff, so I give you permission to STOP reading now! Ha ha! 

So this is a little snippet of what we have been up to in grade one lately...

We were working on our INSECT unit, so we went on a BUG HUNT! 
The kids loved it!! 





My kids are getting really good at directed drawing! They are following instructions and paying alot more attention to details! Finally!!

We are now working on our Plants and Flowers unit!
This is always a nice unit to do at the end of the year because there are so many hands on activities! And at the end of the year, keeping them interested is NOT an easy job! 

 These are a few of our 'centers' from this unit...

Diggin' Up Sight Words!
They LOVE this centre! 


Flower Shop!
Another favourite! They create their own bouquet and then draw it and write a descriptive paragraph about it!



Write the Room!
Students find the words on the sunflowers around the room. They LOVE using clip boards! ha! 



Independent Reading!
My students LOVE LOVE using light pointers when they are reading! I saw this little trick on a teaching blog a few years ago and have used it ever since. I just get the light pointers from the toy section at the dollar store and the kids go crazy for them!! 


ABC Order - Plants and Flowers
We are finally making some progress with our alphabetical order skills! :) 


And that is what we have been up to in grade one!! I can't believe there are only 24 school days left in the year! This year has definitely gone by FAST!! 

But I am ssssure looking forward to catching up on some sleep this summer...:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment